another how-to, though you can’t actually make it from the pictures, since i don’t have any exact measurements. but you can still look at the pictures, imagine what took place, and drool.
i don’t know what makes this japanese, but its what my parents claim.
location: home home home carmel indiana
1. beat neufchatel cream cheese in a stand mixer (at least 2 sticks, probably 4?)
2. add 4 or 6? egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, juice from 1/2 lemon to the neufchatel cheese and continue to beat until..
3. until it looks like this. put it in a separate bowl. wash the stand mixer bowl!
4. beat the 4 egg whites stiff! (slowly add another 1/2-1/4 cup sugar while beating)
6. add the beaten egg whites to the neufchatel mix
7. fold the egg whites into the cheese mix, pour into a 9×13 cake pan.
8. after 1 hr in a 325 degree oven (i think 325…)
9. MMMMmmmmm… it’s sweet, but not too sweet, a slight hint of lemon, very creamy, melts in your mouth. delicious!