mom made fishballs with the fish dad freshly caught yesterday.
here are the steps:
1. grind up the fish meat in a food processor. well before that, the fish meat needs to be filleted off the fish so there are no bones in the meat.
2. add salt, water, chinese white pepper, some corn starch, and whatever spices you desire, and stir into a paste. then with one hand, grab a handful of the mixture and squeeze it through the hole made by your thumb and your index finger into a ball shape.
3. continue to squeeze until a ball takes shape.
4. scrape a round-bottomed spoon against the top of the fist where the fishball sits so the fishball slides into the spoon.
5. drop the fishballs into a pot of boiling water, and boil them, about 5 minutes.
6. TA-DA! they are done. once cooled, they are ready for freezing. or you can use them immediately for soups, skewers, whatever ur heart desires.